2019 Card Holder Championship Results
1st Place - Scott Griffith
2nd Place - Gerard Bradley
3rd Place - Gordie Brown
1st Place - Jim Baenen
2nd Place - Richard Fischer
3rd Place - Gary Robarge
Ladies Sun Division
1st Place - Mary McGrath
2nd Place - Bobbi Sandkuhl
3rd Place - Norma Klein
We would like to thank all our card holders who participated in this years tournament for helping make it a great experience and a success!
Keep an eye on our social media accounts, mobile app, website and future emails for information about the 2020 Card Holder Championship!
Club Card Loyalty Program Changes for 2019
As of Oct 1st, points will no longer be added via our Point of Sale and stored in golf shop computers. Points will be collected in our mobile app with a digital punch card. It’s the card holder’s responsibility to collect each point for each round played. They will not be added automatically. In order to have your current points carry over the App MUST be downloaded and setup with the same email that’s in your tee sheet profile.
Opt-In Club Card Loyalty Program
Gold & Silver Card
Golf Punch Card
- Program access via App
- Card holder receives credit for 1 round, not entire group
- Card holder is responsible for getting card punched
- Free round is earned after 10 point
- Round expires after 1 month
- Not Valid for 9 Holes
- Couples: 1 point per visit
Desert Canyon App
GPS, Tee Time Booking, Scoring, Ghin Handicap, Weather, Course Updates and much more!
App Features include:
- Interactive Scorecard
- Golf Games: Skins, Stableford, Par, Stroke Scoring
- Measure your shot!
- Golfer Profile with Automatic Stats Tracker
- Hole Descriptions & Playing Tips
- Live Tournaments & Leaderboards
- Book Tee Times
- Course Tour
- Food & Beverage Menu
- Facebook Sharing
- And much more…
Tee Changes at Desert Canyon
The golf course at Desert Canyon Golf Club has now been re-rated by the USGA. This summer we will be making some changes to our Tees so players will have more choices that suit their playing ability and preferences.
We will now be able to better utilize our tee areas while providing a wide variety of players with options to suit their preferences.
Five Men’s Tee Choices…
- SKY TEE (Blue) – 6400 yards.
- SKY/CACTUS COMBO TEE – 6200 yards.
- CACTUS TEE (Green) – 5900 yards. This should be a real favorite.
- CACTUS/SUN COMBO TEE – 5500 yards.
- SUN TEE (Yellow) – 5100 yards
Three Ladies Tee Choices…
- SUN TEE (Yellow) – 5100 yards
- SUN/CACTUS TEE – 5500 yards
- CACTUS TEE (Green) – 5900 yards
We expect that the new tees will be in place sometime this summer!
Text booking and more!
No need to call! Send us a Text with questions or stating time requests! (480) 418 – 1325
Text your desired tee time to (480) 418-1325, book without calling and earn free golf!
- Fully automated and easy
- Get your questions answered by our Auto Attendant
- No need to call the golf shop
- Avoid the line, check-in and pay by text message
- No need to download any apps
- Don’t get put on hold…ever
- Book and Check-in via text 15 times to earn a free round!
- Use #HELP to reach someone in the golf shop during regular hours
*GolfPay account is required
*Text booking feature available for public rates only until June 1, 2018
Text VIP for exclusive offers!
Get general information without calling the golf shop such as;
- Hours of operation
- Overseeding dates
- Course conditions
- Report a lost club or slow play
- Get event or tournament information
- Info about our Club Card
- Bar & Grill hours and menus
Use #HELP to reach someone in the golf shop during regular hours
Have questions? Our Auto Attendant is here to #help!
Introducing Kurt Vogel as Director of Golf
Originally from Buffalo/Niagara Falls, NY, Kurt has been a PGA Member for 23 years managing golf operations in Arizona, the Carolinas, Nevada and California.
Kurt moved back to Arizona last November so he and his wife Monica could be closer to her family. Prior to serving as Director of Golf at The Raven GC in Phoenix, Kurt had been managing the Pacific Grove Golf Links in Monterey, CA. Kurt’s family lives in Fountain Hills and his daughter plays collegiate golf for Grand Canyon University.
Kurt is thrilled to be living and soon working in the Fountain Hills community and becoming a part of the Desert Canyon family and getting the chance to meet many new people here.